These are the knots I recommend every angler should know like the back of their hand. Each knot has a different purpose and should be used for specific situations.
- Improved Clinch Knot - I mainly use this knot for mono/fluoro to swivels and weights. Easy - Moderate
- Palomar Knot - Go to knot for braid to swivels, jig heads, and leaders. Easy
- Snell Knot - I use this to tie hooks to my leaders (fish finder with 40-50lb fluoro, or even 6lb line to size 8 hooks). Moderate
- Perfection Loop - Good knot for the end of a leader to attach a lure with clip. Many uses. Easy
- FG Knot - Strongest mono/fluoro to braid knot there is. Low profile casts easy through guides. No swivel necessary. Moderate